Wednesday, May 6, 2009

After a very long hiatus

I think the hardest thing about right now is being able to balance things.

I find myself working 6 days a week and never really having a day to just have a day off.

Sundays don't count since I'm made to get up and do the church thing with my Mom and after that every other week a slew of family comes up and over and has lunch and stays for a few hours. I've just recently taken to screwing being a "good little hostess" and going about my own business after lunch and clean up. After all, I can only handle so many talks about health and dental issues before it all sounds the same and gets very boring or gross. Take your pick.

The next issue is finding time to be around friends.

Squeezing time in is hard when the only time really available is after work and all I really want to do is sit back and zone out in front of the TV. Especially now that cable has just found it's way to being installed on the grounds where I live (and I now have made it to the 21st century with the glorious switch from dial up to roadrunner). I love my friends and like to hang out with them but I don't always think I'm good company because they get me at the end of the day or week when I'm really tired and just wishing to catch up on sleep. Then factor in that I have about 3 different sets up of friends.

3rd problem, oh messy house. Who seriously wants to clean...ever? I'm cramming in picking up my room and cleaning the bathroom and kitchen between work and friends. Usually I work on it on Wednesday morning when I get to go into my one job a little bit later.

I can honestly say this adult thing gets old very quickly. After the glow of graduating and a new job wears off it hits you pretty hard in the face.

Although, I'm starting to settle in a little bit better. Occasionally, I still find myself ready to just drop everything and try being irresponsible for once. A big jump for me since most of my older co-workers, who have known me for quite a few years, tell me I was born 30. If I didn't have loans to pay off, perhaps I would just pick up and move to a random place in the states and pick my way through part time jobs and seeing the sights while I'm at it. :)

No comments: