Thursday, February 12, 2009

Mixed Feelings

I have come to have mixed feelings about being an adult. It has it's perks, I can drive, earn my own money, buy things if I want to, and make decisions.

Another part of me wishes to be a little girl again. Just playing and going to school wishing I was older. No worries about if my next paycheck is going to stretch as far as I need it to or if it's really going to take me 30 years to pay off my student loans. I've noticed a very upsetting trend the last couple months where my outgoing bills are a good percentage more than my incoming earnings.

I've found myself the last few days needing to slow myself down and take a breather. Part of the realization came from when I donned myself with a pink shirt and red socks Monday morning and then again today when I wore my brown shoes with a black outfit. I gave a sigh and shook my head at myself then I said "Well at least it isn't one black shoe and one brown shoe."

Anyway, the joys of after college life are up and down. Right now mine are looking like the stock market.

No comments: