Tuesday, March 17, 2009

If All Else Fails...

I promised this a few posts ago and forgot about it. Oops.
This is my favorite idea for a response to a rejection letter. To those who are or have been in a position were you could wallpaper your house with all of the rejection letters you've received, you will laugh.
This is from another unknown source. Enjoy. (Disclaimer: I don't actually endorse sending this to any possible employer that has rejected anyone. But if someone does send it, please let me know what happened if anything. I'd be very curious to find out).

If all else fails and you receive a rejection letter, consider this reply:

Dear (name):
Thank you for your letter of (date). After careful consideration I regret to inform you that I am unable to accept your refusal to offer me employment with your school (company). This year I have been particularly fortunate in receiving an unusually large number of rejection letters. With such a varied and promising field of candidates it is impossible for me to accept all refusals.

Despite (college's/company's) outstanding qualifications and previous experience in rejecting applicants, I find that your rejection does not meet with my needs at this time. Therefore, I will initiate employment with your school (company) immediately following graduation. I look forward to seeing you then.

Best of luck in rejecting future candidates.

Sincerely,
(your name here)

*rofl*

No comments: