Sunday, January 25, 2009

The Ligher Side

Leaving the serious side of job hunting for a bit. Idonas had also passed on to me some funny quips about job searching stuff. I'm not sure what the source of these quips are, but if I find out I'll credit it properly. So take a minute, relax, and laugh at these other peoples mistakes and hope you don't make similar or worse ones.

Resume/Application Bloopers Part 1

Reasons for Leaving the Last Job:
-Responsibility makes me nervous
-They insisted that all employees get to work by 8:45 every morning. Couldn't work under those conditions.
-Was met with a string of broken promises and lies as well as cockroaches.
-I was working for my mom until she decided to move
-The department made me a scapegoat, just like my three previous employers.
-Note: Please don't misconstrue my 14 jobs as job-hopping. I have never quit a job

Special Abilities:
-I was proud to win the Gregg Typting Award.
-Exposure to German for two years, but many words are not appropriate for business.
-Proven ability to track down and correct erors.
-Qualifications: No education or experience.
-Wholly responsible for two (2) failed financial institutions.
-Failed bar exam with relatively high grades.

There is plenty more 2 pages printed worth so I'll be putting these up inbetween other more useful posts. Job hunting can be harsh and very unfunny, so I hope this gave you bit of a laugh today.

No comments: