Tuesday, December 8, 2009

After a Very Very Long Hiatus

I kind of gave up on the blogging sphere and took a very long break...obviously.

Life got hectic, the novelty wore off and readership was down (not that it was very up to begin with).

But I thought maybe I'd start trying to update again and include useful things.

Ignoring the useful things for now:

Here has what has happened up til about now.

1. I was offered my temp job and became a full time, benefit eligible employee. This happened towards the end of July.
2. In the process, before I was offered the job, I almost moved to Massachusetts without a job and was going to strike it out there while living with my sister and brother-in-law. A very tough decision after I was offered the job. I struggled for about a week before deciding to stay. Who was I to spit in the face of a paying job with benefits?
3. After accepting the job, I was told, because of budget cuts, that my time was going to be split between two positions...
4. So now I am an Administrative Assistant and a Career Coordinator. Two full time jobs being done in half the time, about 19 hours a week for each, give or take a couple hours here and there.

So needless to say I was out of my head from August-September, while I was getting used to the idea, being trained in a new position, and taking up more responsibility that was left out on the temp job.

But! Experience is experience...and even though at times I feel like I'm going to strangle someone if they ask me to make 4 copies for them when the copier is larger than life right next to me, I have coped. I am learning.

I do have to say that I really have learned how to beef up my resume and cover letter.

No comments: