Tuesday, December 16, 2008

There is life after College

I haven't posted in about a week, obviously. I work at a little retail store and the Christmas season is upon us. I'm working a lot of hours so my posts will most likely be spotty until after New Years.

Well to continue a part of the story from my last post...

I happened to see the mother of one girl that I had graduated High School with over the summer in the store that I work. Her husband happens to be a Graphic Designer (which is what my degree is in). She mentioned to me that they knew someone who graduated in 2007 in that field and how much trouble he had finding a job. Apparently he applied to over 1,000 different positions before he even got one call back for an interview. (Sadly the husband wasn't looking for any new hires, or else I would have jumped right on that).

How's that for inspiration?

Now, it's not that bad for everyone. Just for the majority of us.

Currently the two positions that I'm hanging hope on are on a hiring freeze until after the holidays. So I will not even have a glimmer of an answer until mid-January at the earliest.

I need to continue searching for jobs, but I haven't been able to keep up with it this month. So come January I'll restart my goal of applying to 5 new positions every week.

If I don't post again before Christmas...have a merry one :)

No comments: