Monday, July 20, 2009

Officially

I am officially, gainfully employed. I was offered my temp job about two weeks ago.

After I had decided that I was going to Boston...finally. I had nothing tying me down here anymore.

Once I told my boss I was planning on leaving in a month I got a call that night with an unofficial offer, and another call the next morning with an official offer, with pay raise.

So I tossed and turned over my decision.

Some may think "What's to decide? You got a job in this forsaken job market. Don't be stupid."

Well I was relishing the idea of doing something stupid for once, stupid in the sense of irresponsible.

But I have taken the job. I have done the responsible thing once again. If I didn't have student loans I would have been out that door and on my way to Boston. Ah, but the price of education.

So here's to hoping that this is the right decision and a happy one at that.

No comments: