Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Now for Cover Letters

Last post was just a quick link for resumes. This link below is for the daunting cover letter.

If anyone of you are like me, the cover letter is probably the toughest part. I reworked my cover letter last night and pretty much edited out the whole thing and started over.

Now if you're lucky enough to have a great brother-in-law (or other relative) like I do who reads these things for a living (among other parts of his job) then you're in a good spot to have someone help you edit (Thanks Andrew).

If not, this link might help. I know it helped me rethink a lot of my cover letter last night.

Click me! Click me!

Even if you don't have someone who is excellent at grammar and placement of sentences, find someone to check it over for typos at least. It's easy to miss them when you know what you think you wrote and just skim over the mistakes.

No comments: